When you go to a hotel you never know how the air quality is going to be. With different allergies and needs hotels now have an option to service various individuals. ASTHMA & ALLERGY STATISTICS
1. Asthma and allergies strike 1 of 4 Americans. The prevalence of asthma increased 75% from 1980-1994. (Source: Center for Disease Control)
2. The Environmental Protections Agency (EPA) has indicated that indoor air pollutants may be up to 100 times higher than outdoor air. (Source: EPA)
3. More than 70% of people with asthma also suffer from allergies. (Source: American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology)
4. A recent nationwide survey found that more than half (54.6 percent) of all U.S. citizens test positive to one or more allergens. (Source: American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology)
5. More Americans than ever before say they are suffering from allergies. It is among the country’s most common, yet often overlooked, diseases. (Source: Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America)
• FACT: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has indicated that indoor air pollutants may be up to 100 times higher than outdoor air.
RESULT: The PURE program significantly reduces the impact of potential irritants on hotel guests.
• FACT: Adult lungs can hold four to six cubic liters of air which can contain up to 300,000 small particles of:
– Mold and fungi
– Bacteria and viruses
– Dust mite feces
– Cleaning agents
RESULT: Particle counts in a PURE Room are 1/10th of that in a non-PURE Room, and 12 times cleaner than outside air. PURE ROOM Normal Room
• Air Viable Fungi 98 CFU/cubic meter 459 CFU/cubic meter
• Air Total Fungi 58 CFU/cubic meter 10,153 CFU/cubic meter
• Carpet Total Fungi 4 FU/sq.ft. 10 CFU/cubic meter
• Carpet Viable Fungi 55 CFU/sq.ft. 211 CFU/sq.ft
• Carpet Viable Bacteria 2,000 CFU/sq.ft. 112,000 CFU/sq.ft
Air Conditioner in Room: PURE ROOM Normal Room
• Total Fungi 150,000 counts/gram biofilms (149,000,000)
• Viable Fungi 3,780,000 CFU/sq.ft. (9,067,000)
• Viable Bacteria 2,000,000 CFU/sq.ft. (20,670,000)
Particle Concentration in a PURE Room:
377,000/cubic foot small breathable particles
Particle Concentration in a Normal Room:
3,710,000/cubic foot small breathable particles
Particle Concentration In Outside Air:
4,610,000/cubic foot small breathable particles outside air
• FACT: All surfaces in a PURE Room are specially treated to reduce the environmental impact of a conventional room, creating a more comfortable setting for guests.
RESULT: More than 7,000 guests enjoy PURE Rooms weekly and that number grows daily.